Are you interested in adopting a newborn? Adopting a newborn means you will be chosen by a birth mother to adopt her unborn or born child. To adopt you must go through several steps to become an approved adoptive parent. We are here to guide you through those steps.
Our adoption agency has participated in over 3600 acts of adoptions since 1997. Building Blocks Adoption Service Inc. specializes in both independent and also agency adoptions through our networking program throughout the US.
Our newborn adoption program is for those families seeking to adopt a newborn or infant through an Independent, Private or Agency Adoption Process.
Our adoption agency will guide you through the:
- Adoption Homestudy Process
- Creating a Parent Profile to be presented to potential birth parents
- Initial adoption process
- Locate potential birth mothers here in Ohio and nationwide to present to our adoptive families for possible match
Newborn Adoption Program Success
- 96% of our families have successfully adopted
- 70% of our families are matched within 12-18 months from homestudy approval
- 26% of our families are matched within 6 months from homestudy approval
The agency fee is paid in two installments.
$4,000 upon commencement of contract
$4,000 upon match with a birth parent situation
The agency fee does not include:
- birth mother living expenses
- legal fees
- birthparent counseling
- medical expenses for the birth mother and child. Note that 95% of our birthmothers have medical coverage of some variety.
- Homestudy fee
Total Adoption Expenses for an Ohio Adoption is estimated at $25,000
BBAS is able to provide all Homestudy adoption services to those residing in Ohio. If you need an Ohio homestudy the fees are:
- Application Fee $200
- Homestudy Fee $1,600
- Adoption Portal Fee $250 (This fee is only required to those doing an homestudy only without matching and placement services)
Adoptive Parent Requirements for Newborn Adoption
- One parent must be 21 years of age and older
- No prohibitive criminal report
- Clear the Child Abuse Registry check
- Provide a good health record from your physician
- Single Men and Women may adopt
- All Married Couples (No length of marriage requirements)
- Must be financially able to raise and care for a child.
- Occasionally older infants to toddlers
- Babies are African American, Asian, Hispanic, Caucasian, or Bi-racial/Multi-racial
Families have completed their newborn adoption in as little as 1 month from home study approval to several months. Much depends on:
- your flexibility with the needs of the birth parent
- characteristics of the child
- and the financial ability to react to each situation presented.
Travel is determined by location of the birth mother. Adoptive parents are required to travel to the state in which the birth mother resides to pick up their baby. Parents stay in state until approved by ICPC (Interstate Compact for Placement of Children) which grants approval for the baby to cross state lines. Your stay in the birth mother’s state typically is not more than 7-10 days. If the birth mother resides in your home state you will only need to travel to the county in which the child is born for placement.
Building Blocks Adoption Service (BBAS.org) is licensed by the State of Ohio to perform adoption services including newborn domestic adoption. Our adoption agency will be your advocate and assist you with the facilitation of adopting your baby.
Building Blocks Adoption provides the following services for its newborn adoption program.
- Extensive outreach:
- to other adoption agencies
- law firms
- adoption social workers
- and physicians who are aware of birth mothers seeking to make an adoption plan
- Presentation of your profile to birth parents directly or through outreach (We do all the networking for you! You are not committed to one agency)
- Posting your profile on our website
- Assist with creating your parent profile
- Assist with creating your “Dear Birth Parent” Letter
- Explanation of the adoption process
- Explaining the legal process and referral to legal counsel in regards to the adoption process
- Help with assessing the risks involved with each adoption
- Referral to experienced adoption attorneys to assist with your private adoption
- Providing or locating birth parent counseling
- Educate adoptive families in regards to the adoption process
- Make available the required social services such as homestudy, prefinalization, interstate compact
- Go over subsidy and tax credit information
- Provide grant and loan resources to assist with the financing of an adoption
- Most importantly: “Being there” during and after your adoption process. We are here for you every step of the way!
*Total fees for a newborn placement in the State of Ohio is estimated at $25,000. This includes: legal services, finalization,social services, birthmother living expenses, birth parent counseling, court fees, court report fees and agency fees.